When we plan for a move, the first thing come into mind is kitchen, because of having so many breakables likes glass wares, kitchen appliances, plates and dishes etc. Any lapse in focus while handling them will end up into a serious damage. You would never aspire for such a situation when you open a box in the new home and find your favourite glass plates into pieces. To avoid such horrible scene, Home Relocation Services in Delhi helps you to randomly pack them into any card robe boxes. You need to be extra cautious while packing glassware for long distance moves to provide 100% safety.
To make it professional and absolutely secure, below mentioned 2 stages are suggested:
1. Initial Stage of Packing
This preliminary phase includes the preparation before packing by arranging required size of packing material and other basic necessities. It’s not possible to do secure packing without following things:
- Proper sized Dish boxes
Dish boxes are specifically designed crenelated double layer cardboards, which provide extreme safety then single layer simple cardboard boxes. They have far more resistance to avoid any jerk or unhealthy incidents. This offers highest level of safety to all glass items and other breakable valuables from any undesired conditions. You would find such quality boxes only with an authentic moving company, who use them to safely pack such delicate items.
- Quality Packing Papers
These is one of the important packing material to offer adequate safety. You would require many of them to wrap and pack individual fragile item. This may take longer time to wrap each kitchen ware but it is very much essential for better security. Packing paper may cost more initially, so they are required for expensive glass crockeries and other antiques pieces.
- Extra thick n soft Paddings
You may use newspapers or other cushioning material also for packing. It is easily available in every house, so feel free to use them as many as you need. They can also be used to fill the gap between wrapped glass plates and the box. In the market you also get soft and thick sponge paddings. For expensive items, it is always suggested to use thick sponges to resist against any jerk.
- Bubbled Wrappers
Bubbled wrappers are considered as the best available option for secure packing. They may be expensive but they can offer best safeguard due to their air-filled bubbly material. They may cost more than other things, but nothing can cost more than your expensive plates and antiques.
- Sealing Tapes
You may easily find many size of packing tapes to properly sealedfilled boxes. You may choose the one that befits you present need.
2. Actual Packing Procedure
Once all essential packing material mentioned above are handy, it’s time to utilize them to offer best safety to each breakable glassware. Follow the steps mentioned below to achieve perfection in packing without any difficulty:
- Choose a suitable side of cardboard and seal the bottom with strong and wide tape from inside and outside both. This is to be covered from the entire bottom centre and up to the box sides about one third of the side length. This is to ensure that the box will be able to handle the weight of the packed glass dishes, which are kept inside for a long distance relocation.
- Place an initial layer of crumbled newspapers and thick sponge on the bottom to offer protective layer of paddings. Crumbled newspapers are easily available in every house, so you may use them as many as needed. For better safety, you may also use sheets of bubbled wrappers to offer extra security cover to handle any difficult situation.
- The moment box is ready from the bottom side, start putting plates slowly. Each dish should be properly wrapped and packed and kept right in the middle of the box. Keep essential packing between each plate and also keep required paper crumble and sponges around the plate to avoid any damage. Keep in mind that heavier plates should always be kept at below and lighter ones should go on them gradually. Do not over burden the box with excessive plates, rather use another box. This may take some extra boxes and more time but it is better than breaking them.
- For expensive plates and antiques dishes, keep a layer of bubbled wrapper between every plate to offer best safety. When box is filled, keep a crumpled newsprint and more thick sponges on the top of it. Newspapers and towels are also affordable options. Make sure that no empty spaces have left out inside the box and it should be filled with crumped papers with the purpose of immobilizing glassware inside and to also avoid sound while moving.
- Close each box accurately and seal everything well by using qualitysealing tapes. Label the box with the list of items packed inside and make clear marks of “Fragile, Handle with Care and This Side Up” on it. This will make mover extra careful while moving them from one location to another.
- Wrap and pack all the remaining plates and dishes in the same manner by using adequate precautions while packing them in different boxes.
- Ask mover to be careful while loading them into vans for move. All boxes should be appropriately covered by blankets. It is also necessary to ensure that no others boxes are kept above them in hurry. Unloading of them will also require the same amount of care.
- After relocation, while opening the boxes at new destination, be cautious and patient. Delicate items always demand more time and caution, so go slow even if takes longer time to unpack everything.
These essential tips will guide you in securing your plates and dishes. But for the best results, take a professional help from packers and movers, who are having enormous experience to safely pack and move everything with caution.